Friday, December 14

Sweet little originals...


Alaina & I were going to surprise the guys and get our Christmas tree today...
It was sunny!
Not too cold~


We have been getting "little trees" the past few years~
So we were confident we could handle the task...


She started working on a final college project...


I've been putting the finishing touches on special order watercolors...


Darkness fell and we still have no tree...


I'm close to chopping off a low-hanging Maple tree limb & adding lights!


On the bright side!
The longer we wait... the longer it will last~


When we finally make it to the tree farm~
Feathered friends &critters with furry tails will be cheering us on!


As I looked out my studio window this afternoon~ 
Something LARGE caught my eye!
I slowly... quietly... stealth-fully searched for a camera!
This picture was taken through sheer curtains~
Red Tail Hawk! 


Isn't it enormous?!
Beautiful friend~ probably caught a glimpse of the Chipmunk
community taking over our backyard.


This last little friend is sharing his heart~
Prayers are with all in Newtown, Connecticut.


3 comments:

Smiley said...

I can always count on your fabric sketches to put a smile on my heart! I think your hawk's cousin was in my pepper tree last week. Caught him looking at me, but flew off when I spied him. Have a great weekend!

Smiles!
Deb :o)

Unknown said...

I just love your sketches, I had to buy two of your pins yesterday with snowmen, but it was so hard to choose.
Tammy
Threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

BumbleVee said...

no tree ...but, loads of beautiful little creatures...so sweet.....