Sunday, December 16

New colors!


I love color!
Some artist palettes are rich with very few colors~
Their works are breathtakingly beautiful!

...and then there is me.


So many watercolors I have filled two large palettes...
Atop my large palettes, are wee little Ironstone
butter pats & children's dishes from tea sets
filled with "new & exciting" color finds!
I only have a morsel of what is available... for now! (giggle)
I have been painting for over 25 years...
It keeps me on my toes!

Two new colors have made their way into my heart and
onto my ever-expanding art palettes...
Inspired by the beautiful muted holly that you can see on our antique saucer.
Holbein Yellow Grey and Holbein Imidazolone Brown!

Guess what I've been painting?
Holly!

Hope your evening is filled with color!

7 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

Well you go girl!
love your blog and visit often..
I too am an art supply junkie.
BJ

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Love your art work, love holly...love those butter pats!
Merry Christmas!

Terra said...

Oh what fun for you to keep it fresh with new colors, and painting holly.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Michelle - one just can't have too many colors - hope after Christmas I can add some new ones to my palette - may have to check your two new ones out (LOL) - love your blog.

Michelle Palmer said...

I have had to put up security on my comments~ seem to be in the circle of cruel spam... I want to protect my visitors from having to see the rude spam rants.

Traffic Pulse India said...

Wonderful paintings! That is the kind of information that should be shared across the net. Disgrace on the seek engines for no longer positioning this publish higher! Come on over and visit my web site . Thanks =)
Jaipur Florist

Carla said...

adoro anch'io tutti i colori; tempere, acquarelli, pastelli, acrilici, gessi.
spero di diventare brava quanto te.
Un saluto
Carla