Sunday, February 8

Sweet Valentine...


Treasured friendships...

I love life's journey.
When you think you have your day
planned and something wonderful (sometimes not)
pops in and turns your plans a little...but for the better.
Even difficult events can affect us in
a positive way if we're willing to hope and trust.

When we meet people along the way
that impact us...stick out...share heart strings!
Diane Knott is one of those treasures!


In the art field...
I've met artists that are joyful, eclectic, creative
to the core...teach, have mounds of talent, semi-talented,
trying/learning-but LOVE what they do!
I've also met the opposite...protective artists,
arrogant, self-serving...guarded & prideful.
Both sides exist in every career pool...
~BUT~
When you find artists that share, communicate,
guide...teach what they have learned, give,
receive, encourage & inform...WITH EACH OTHER!
You have an amazing friendship!


Diane Knott is a fantastic artist & friend!
We met through our agent via email...
I shared a small piece of business info. with her...
Then I found her web page, that led me to her blog...
My daughter & I took a road trip one sunny afternoon
to meet her daughter Holly & her at their book signing.
Conversations started & haven't ceased!
Treasured.
Shared.
Trusted.
When artists/creative folk build friendships it goes
so much deeper than a handshake...
If you're willing to share~

Thank you, Diane...for ALL that you share!

The above photos are of a
sweet handmade Valentine
I received from Diane this past week...
The words on her gift are perfect...
She listens with her heart~
She shares with her heart~

"I didn't belong as a kid,
and that always bothered me.
If only I'd known that one day
my differentness would be an asset,
then my early life would have been much easier."

Bette Midler

"Character contributes to beauty.
It fortifies a woman as her youth fades.
A mode of conduct, a standard of
courage, discipline, fortitude and
integrity can do a great deal to make a
woman beautiful."

Jacqueline Bisset

Perfect.
The cover image. The words. The birds.
The Beatrix Potter gift tag....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're making me cry. But good tears to know you feel that way and that in some way I've made your days happier from time-to-time!

Hugs, my friend! Love you!

Diane

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Love the post, Michelle. Sorry I haven't visited for a while, but I'm trying to get better at it.
Have a great week.
Lisa

KatCollects said...

I love your sweet gifts and the quotes. And No, I have never met a bunny that wasn't cute, real or otherwise, lol. I hope you are having a good weekend.
Hugs,
Kathy

Monica said...

Everything is just fab- Friendship above all!

Your sweet words meant a lot to me. Thank you.
Monicax.

HAWTHORN HALL said...

What true words you have written here which I enjoyed so much reading. You must have a wonderful friend!

Gillian