Monday, September 1

Garden Places...



Our first garden house...it is very large~ but some of the ironwork details are perfect for hanging humming bird feeders in the summer & suet cakes in the winter! Gave nice height to the garden where the annuals are less than 2' tall. The birds love to perch on some of the funky decor.
I LOVED adding the copper details. Small brads and furniture tacks keep the edges down...copper wire for the branching. This is our favorite~ we built it from a large plank an old friend gave us. We named it Pauline's Place...

3 comments:

Nola said...

How darling! I especially like the glass doorknob detail!

Anonymous said...

I love the birdhouses, Michelle. I keep trying to get Mick to make some but he's burnt out from having to cut so many wooden things from our former wholesale business. The poor man was covered with sawdust back then. I half expect to still find some behind his ears now and then! ;-)

Diane

Michelle Palmer said...

You're so funny!
In Ontario, NY...just north of us~ there is a craft/antique co-op called L.W. Emporium & Whistle Stop Antiques. You can find some good buys. There is a shop within or out building... "Gerbird?" Birdhouses. I'm sure it's on line. I paid $12 for the metal roof one & $14 for the all wood. We had fun building the first one...but it is time consuming and soooo messy. I think I still have sawdust behind my ears from crafting sooo many years ago! ha! ha!