Saturday, May 26

In my garden...


My grandmother had hens and chickens...
My mom had hens and chickens...
Now I have hens and chickens...


I didn't work in my flower gardens for almost four years.
My perennials did their best to survive while I was 
spending time visiting & helping my mom...


When Alaina and I returned from Arizona~
It looked like a jungle here!
From the desert to Upstate New York!!
My gardens welcomed me home and I promised some time~


Our local farm and garden center had all of the goodies...
I've taken a lot of breaks... I mean PHOTOGRAPHS~
To paint!


I'm going to paint a collection of twins...


Everywhere I look...
Two beautiful blossoms peering up at me!


These are ornamental strawberries...
They are beautiful~ no fruit.
They misbehave.
Refusing to stay in one place~ they grow where the shoots take'm!
I've plucked them out and put them in a bowl of water...
Trying to find the perfect home for them~

In my heart~
Many thanks to all who have fought & sacrificed for
our freedom to live in this AMAZING country.
Never forgotten~ Always appreciated!

4 comments:

shabby girl said...

I remember Hens and Chickens from my youth. What was passed along from my grandmother, to my mother, to me, was a string of hearts, which is a kind of succulent as well. So sad that a deep freeze killed it. Really it was a piece of the same plant.
LOVE the ornamental strawberry! Can't wait to see your drawings!

Catherine said...

I love hens n chicks and have lots in my garden. It's been so rainy and cold here though, I can't work in my garden. :(
I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday Michelle!
xo Catherine

Smiley said...

Hen and chicks run in my family, too! Seems like they are so familiar with everyone! Love the wild strawberries . . . beautiful flowers!

Hugs and Smiles,
Deb :o)

Jeremy Beauregard said...

No wonder, Michelle! Your family really loves hens and chickens. Indeed, your flowers look astonishing, and as we all know, each flower has their own unique beauty. The second to the last photo is the one that attracted me the most. How I wish I could see this twin flowers on your paintings soon!


Jeremy Beauregard