Wednesday, November 16

Needle Felted Crow...


Sugarplum danced in my head!


I made her hat and collar out of wool felt...
Then tacked her tail feather to the vintage letter!


S is for SugarPLUM...
Our daughter has wanted me to paint our front door
or fireplace deep plum~ She is amazing at selecting colors...
I was able to get my plum fix from this felt stitching!
No purple for me~


Look at these fun colors!!!
"They're so FLUFFY!!!" (love that movie....)

Wool felt sews so neatly...
It also "feathers" nicely...
Sugarplum's collar has a soft edge~ just a few easy steps!


Snip the edge...


Stretch it out a little... pull, push... but not too hard~


Little by little pull the the loose snips off...


TaDa! Feathered edge... 


Some of these needle felts will be in my Etsy store soon~
For now they're my studio friends...

Hope you have a wonderful evening!

5 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Your little crow is just adorable! Can't wait to see the rest.
xoxo
Donna

Mosaic Magpie said...

Very cute and I love the fluffy collar. Thanks for sharing how you did it.
Deb

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

So precious!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Goosey said...

That is really great, did you see the little robin on Kirsties crafts last night on channel 4?...in the uk if you can see it.

Smiley said...

LOL! Funny how some words can be key in a conversation. You mentioned 'plum' . . . no 'purple'. My first car was a Gremlin (for those of you who are too young, feel free to look it up on the internet). The color? Why plum of course . . . NOT purple! LOL! My daughter loves your needle felting!

Smiles and Blessings!
Deb oxo