Wednesday, January 6

Tufted Titmouse...

A snippet from one of my original watercolors...

There is one giant bright side to all of the
wintry weather we are having...
Songbirds are flooding our feeders!

This morning I was our shoveling the path and
a flurry of these soft gray friends gathered
around our main feeder...
my favorite buff belly friends!

Morning doves were conversing about the
new snow cover and how difficult it was to gather
a morsel... so during a brief "fly away" I scooted
to the feeder & shook a fresh snack down for them.

The cardinals so vibrant against the
bright white backdrops...

Blue Jays that seem to be taking turns...

The woodpeckers sit close to the suet cake
waiting patiently for the nuthatch
to grab a nibble & flitter off...

Our teens love to watch the feeder frenzy.
They remember years of sledding~
She in her bright red snowsuit, pulling little brother
around on a slippery red sled...
They would stop, plop down on a pile of fluff
and watch the birds fly in for their meals.
Together they made small piles of seed &
would try to guess which bird would arrive first!
Our girl...
mittens off...
sorting the black sunflower
from the cracked corn from the millet...
"to make it easier for them~"

So go ahead and snow...
I love to watch it fall like feathers~
around our feathered friends.

3 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such a beautiful watercolor! Your Blue Jays seems to be kind. I love the Morning Doves too, especially their coo. And it is always exciting to see the bright red Cardinal against the snowy white backdrop!

Sweet poem on winter reflections!

Marcia said...

I still think the Carolina Wren is a favorite, but the Titmouse is just darling. I love watching the Chickadees and the Cardinals this time of year. Your colors are so perfectly matched, better then a photo.

Lenae May said...

LOVE your Titmouses, Michelle! I had them at my feeder this morning.
Happy New Year to you.

Lenae