Sunday, September 28

Tyvek Owl Project...


This is the backside of a stain on Tyvek


Two examples of Tyvek with ink coloring..
I just love the feathery texture!


These are the Tyvek envelopes
that I cut apart~

I took a full semester of resists, paper making,
batiks, silk dyeing etc. in college.
I remember SOME of it~
We didn't experiment with Tyvek.
(I wonder if it existed BACK THEN)

Tonight I decided to do a little experiment
with resists & this cool material.


I painted this owl for a spec project...
To make my experimenting a little faster
I decided to use him~


On the light table...saving time!


With the white acrylic ink applied...


Base coat of blue dye...


Close-up...cool texture!


Adding some watercolors...they don't seem
to saturate the paper well enough...
The permanent inks work better~


The finished Tyvek Owl.

He looks a bit washed out...
We'll find some use for him!

2 comments:

Debra said...

Hmmmm...I've never seen this technique-I do like the effect. Beautiful owl.
I love experimenting-thanks!
Debra

Michelle Palmer said...

Hi Debra~
It works much nicer (deeper/richer) on watercolor paper. I wanted a soft, night time look~ this is a bit TOO soft. :)
Thanks so much~
Michelle