Tuesday, December 16

Photocopy Tag...


Sharing a few of the Christmas tags
I love to make this time of year...

After the package is open...
the favorite tags become book marks.
Others make neat extras
to add to Christmas scrap books.

Colorless Blender Marker

To get a rubber stamp look...
Photocopy your favorite line drawing.
If you are using a photo switch the copy format
to halftone/photograph image.
I make the copy dark.
Remember...image will be in reverse.
Also...these will not work with ink jet copies.


Hold image tight...completely saturate the
image with the blender until the paper
is see through.
Lift the copy off the tag...
You can only get one use from each copy...
I save the copy itself to glue or decoupage.


All types of stains available.


Using a colored pencil...I darken the lines.


Tattered fabric...
Snip the edge 1/2 inch in.


Tear the fabric...


Pull a few of the edge strings away...


Instant tattered!


The final detail...
How do I know who the gift is for?

A first letter will do in our home~

I like to stamp them in metallic colors...
You have to move it at an angle to see...
Makes it a bit more challenging
for curious little package watchers!

4 comments:

Debra said...

I had no idea of how to do this. Thank you! I wish my gifts were going to be so lovely, but I guess not this year. For some reason, gift wrapping is not one of my talents...
I will have my loot posted today-sorry it wasn't up when you visted my blog. You are so inspiring...
Love, Debra

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a gorgeous tag! Thanks for the tutorial on how to do this. Twyla

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I tried that rubbing technique with photocopies and it didn't work for me. Maybe it's the brand of blender I used. Yours is beautiful!! Love the added touch of the frayed music fabric!
Diane

Michelle Palmer said...

Thanks so much for your notes!

Diane...just want to make sure you're using photocopies & not ink jet print outs. Need to be the heat-set type copies.