Thursday, February 12

Valentine Four...


When people ask me,
"Who would you love to meet...
more than anyone else in this world."


I smile...and they HAVE TO ADD...
"A LIVING person!"
(I've shared my fondness of B. Potter)
I longingly respond...
Marjolein Bastin!

I've treasured her art & words
from the day she was introduced to America!
I have over 50 pages from Libelle Magazine
filled with GORGEOUS images...
It doesn't bother that they are
not written in English...words are not necessary.
A shelf in my studio is dedicated to her books,
journals, date books etc. I have a box of her
greeting cards~ during college they were
all that I could afford...I've selfishly kept them!

I have two prints of hers...
My favorite, an image with two wheel barrels,
"The garden is calling..."

Professors would have us researching famous
artists and have us describe what moved us
in their works, style, concepts, design etc.
I like some of the masters...but RELATE to MB.
We find beauty in the same things~

I love what I know.
I love what is directly in front of me.
Everyday moments that I LOVE to paint.
It is a joy to see the way Marjolein
brings nature to life!
Inspiring and treasured~


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR MICHELLE,
I HAVE JUST SPENT A FEW MINUTES CATCHING UP ON YOUR BEAUTIFUL POSTS.
I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE ARTIST YOU TALKED SO ELOQUENTLY ABOUT...I WILL WRITE HER NAME DOWN WHEN I AM THROUGH AND RESEARCH HER.
BLESSINGS TO YOU MY FAVORITE ARTIST
debbie

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh I LOVE your banner!!! My little felties are not anywhere near the quality of yours...but it sure is fun learning!!Laurie

KatCollects said...

Thank you for the sweet Valentine sentiments. Now you have me sitting here thinking, hmmmm who would I want to meet. I always thought that if I was able to spend a few minutes with someone who had passed on, I could instantly say my Dad just to tell him that I loved him because I didn't get a chance to tell him the last time I saw him alive. But living.... going to think about that one : )
Hugs,
Kathy

tlchang said...

I really like her work as well. I started collecting samples of it from the very first time I saw it.

We were given a similar question when I was in college. The answer for me then (and still would be if she was still alive) was Trina Schart Hyman. I've loved her work since I first saw it when I was about 10 years old. (I think I own pretty much every book she ever illustrated).

Holly Knott said...

I'm a fan of hers, too! Can't tell you how often I buy one of her cards to send with a gift.