Tuesday, November 26

Christmas watercolor originals...


They begin as sketches in my journals~
I may have drawn them onto fabric in black ink...


A completely different little character when color is added!
When the light is good & my eyes are 'feeling good' I love to paint.

(Glazing color/texture to my stocking...)


Once the base color is dry I like to layer 'glaze' additional colors for texture...


Here I am softening the texture & edge so my stocking doesn't appear flat.


Adding a few deeper tones will push the edges back & fluff up this mouse nest!

Hope you are staying safe in this winter storm!
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday~

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are very sweet my friend! I love your art...especially your little mice! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sweet family!

Kays Kids said...

I hope nothing was damaged in the storm. Your little stockings with tiny creatures in are just lovely.
Hugs

Createology said...

Your drawings and paintings are always so very sweet and precious. Happy Thanksgiving...

Sandra Busby said...

Utter awesomness! I LOVE your gorgeous drawings :0)

Michelle Palmer said...

You make my heart smile! Thank you, Sweet Friends!
Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving Holiday~