Friday, October 18

Needle felted Chickadee pair~


 It was love at first sight!


I begin my little soft sculptures with 100% natural wool roving~
Base wool is less expensive than dyed roving.


I love to 'paint' with roving~ 'touching in' the color...
Through the years I have gathered a rainbow of colors & hues!
Fiber Festivals are the perfect opportunities to gather different roving;
I love to experiment with different textures & colors.


Once I have my roving colors in place I felt it until the sculpture is smooth~


The Chickadees were getting playful~
Very excited to have some color to their little bodies!


Almost finished!
They couldn't complain about their looks without eyes to see & beaks to squeak!


However they have requested hats!

Hope your weekend is off to a great start~
I'm planning on making some hats for my Chickadee loves &
starting on some little owl friends!

6 comments:

nicoletta said...

Very very beautiful
Nicoletta

Starr White said...

Oh gosh! Do you plan to sell any of these? I would love to have a little felted bird....or two :)

Mary said...

Michelle - were you here in MY garden making your chickadees by chance? They look exactly like the ones on my feeder, in the trees, flying back and forth. Yesterday I filled my feeder and the little sweeties were there within seconds - then a huge woody came, followed by cardinals, finches etc. I love the birds.

Your felting is so beautiful - will you be selling these little darlings?

Happy weekend - Mary

Smiley said...

Just adorable my friend!
Smiles,
Deb

BJR said...

Oh, me!...oh, my!...my very favorite bird, and oh! so cute! How do you do it?? Absolutely tops! ;)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Awww..they are darling!!!
Warmly,
deb