Monday, April 12

Daughter's Treasures...


Our daughter's bedroom has sixteen years of
"cool things" collected...
This needle felted giraffe proves there is
ALWAYS room for more!


I worked on this for a few hours the other night...
A little adventure away from watercolors and sketches.
She thinks giraffes are sweet...
She keeps hugging my
Kipper~ Keeper of the Studio!
That I made last year...

A basic shape, here.
I'm having her select colors as we go.


She's thinking a mustard-tone coat...
Bins of buttons will need to be scoured... for that perfect look!
Or maybe a belt with a vintage buckle?


These are fun supplies that my in-laws share with us!
They are furniture upholsters by trade...
Retired sample books!
OOOOoooooh! All of the owl tummies,
bird wings... make do's that will be made!


I will have to add another shelf!


So many wonderful colors and textures...


Hope your week is off to a great start!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for following along! So nice to meet you! I love your paintings! Beautiful! I can relate to the collections. My son is 15 and he has quite a collection of trucks and cars!

Have a great week!
Love, Brenda

Tina said...

those upholstery sammple books are just so great - my first thought was 'pincushions' -lol
wishing you a lovely week.
xo Tina

Bird on Wire Studio said...

Oh Michelle, your giraffe is lovely! I can't wait to see him finished. :)

Denise Marie said...

I've seen some really cool project with sample fabrics.

awesome felted treasure.

Sheryl Parsons said...

I am in awe of anyone who can needle felt. This will be a darling giraffe.
Lucky you for getting the fabric samples, they are beautiful!

Lady Farmer said...

I could whine and complain about 1 person getting all that talent and creativity, but your work is so precious! I love it all! Your drawings, your needle felting and I can't wait to see what you do with those fabulous fabric samples!
You are blessed! :~}

Katta said...

Thats a really qute felted giraffe, you are good at it. When I felt with colourd wool I think its like paninting. xxoo Katta

Stacey said...

Hi! I just found your items on Etsy and had to explore further. Everything is just so beautiful - I can't believe this giraffe -- it is so adorable -- just as it is - HAHA. Can't wait to see it come to life -- you have a very lucky daughter! :)