Friday, May 12

Wool swatches and samples


~My wool reference guide~
Through the years I have gathered a lot of wool stripes, plaids, patterns etc.
I thought I would eventually use them for wool applique projects.
Then I fell head-over-heels for wool hooking.

I first saw this idea on Pinterest.
Cutting a small swatch of your wool textures and hooking
alongside of it for future reference.
I LOVE the textures!
Some of the hooked areas look just like the swatch~
Others are a great surprise.

One of my favorites...
The black and white diamond-like pattern.
I really like the black & white variegated texture once it is hooked.
I didn't purchase much of it... and now I wish I had more.

I will keep adding patterns and plaids~
This has helped me recognize the possibilities!
The textures will be fun to add to hooked pieces.

Wishing you a wonderful & creative weekend, Friends!
Thank you for stopping by~

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Such a great idea! I have lots and lots of large plaids and I rarely use them in my rugs. Perhaps if I did this I would be more inspired! Thanks for sharing!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I can see the value of having the samples to draw upon - great idea.

Createology said...

Your exercise to create the wool samples is wonderful and so very textural. I love your work dear. <3