Sunday, November 13

Christmas gift ideas...


My daughter and I have started our Christmas projects~
Handmade guarantees one of a kind for us...

Some have shared that they love my little Etsy treasures,
but are never quite sure what to do with them.
Over the next several posts I will share what we do!


The color transfers that I began making from my original
watercolor paintings have so many possibilities!
You can make transfers from your own art or photos
by purchasing the transfer materials from sewing & quilting stores.
I've made several framed pieces for a local gift store~
They sell very quickly... which is perfect, but I can't keep up!


I purchase empty (glass-free) frames from a local frame shop.
They often make tiny frames~ sometimes in odd sizes,
from left over moldings. Most of these frames were $5. or less.


My primitive stitch-ability! (eh-em... or lack of...)
Thankfully, my simple sewing talent adds character!
(giggle!)


I keep little totes of fabric scraps...
They make perfect backgrounds~
After I size them to fit a frame
I add buttons to dress up the empty areas.
We have also added vintage keys, charms, pieces of
worn, fabric measuring tape... feathers, shells etc.~
That way your frame doesn't have to be the perfect fit.


Alaina and I LOVED this chunky little frame~
Have had it in our stock for a few years...
This little owl is a perfect fit!
He's stitched to an upholstery fabric sample~


Made some new tags yesterday~
I love to add a little thank you tag to my Etsy orders!
Red and pale blue are so fun together... touch of vintage.

Hope your weekend is wonderful and filled with creative things!

12 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I still need to frame the last pieces I purchased from you, Michelle. I got two bunnies and a bee skep on that great fabric you had found. I want to hang them in my new craft/sewing room. I just measured them recently to see what I might find when I'm out and about at the stores. What you've shown here is a great idea! I have tons of fabric scraps that I could probably use. Love the owls; my daughter would love those.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Such wonderful ideas Michelle ~ Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Love the little tags too!
Have a great day!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wonderful! Now I know what I will do with the wee teddy bear drawing I got from you - for now it's hanging on my inspiration board. A little frame will complete him beautifully. Thank you!

donna!ee said...

i have embellished mine similar to the way you have BUT instead of putting them into a frame, i add them to a fabric journal page... everyone ooohhs and aaaahhhs at your art in my journal...blest be!

donna!ee said...

i've been looking for a little deer something for my Christmas swaps...would you consider creating a small pen & ink drawing like the deer on your thank you tag??? say about 4 x 4, i'll need 4of them...kindly let me know if it's possible and how much.
blest be :)

Wendy Paula said...

These are gorgeous! I love the Owls and the beautiful vintage look embellishments.
Wendy

Smiley said...

It puts a smile on my heart to imagine you and Alaina working together on a blessing that will definitely delight the 'giftee'. Great ideas! My 'giftees' cherish them on a small pillow. I enjoy picking the pillow fabric to match the personalities of my friends!
Smiles,
Deb oxo

Createology said...

What a wonderful idea to share what you create with your charming little drawings. Love the framed pieces. Serene Sunday...

BECKY said...

Hi Michelle,
Love these sweet creations! And so will the recipients!! Too much fun!
Hope all is well, and that your week is full of joy!
Hugs!
Becky

shabby girl said...

Love, love, love that bunny!

Alina said...

What a wonderful idea !
Imagination has no limit...
I love Your work !

Heavens2Betsy said...

These are all such lovely examples of the homes you find for your pieces. I absolutely love the buttoned bunny! Beautiful. Always, beautiful. penny