Tuesday, November 10

Needle Felted Snowmen...How to...


Beginning to think of Christmas and home made gifts?
NEEDLE FELTED SNOWMAN

I learned how to needle felt by
watching free videos on
YouTube



Just like in the yard...
My snowmen begin with three round balls!
I needle felt these from 100% natural wool.


The snowmen will sit on their own if you
flatten the bottom...
Flatten a surface by needle felting
the same area over,
and over... and over... and over.


This is how I attach each ball to the next...
I like the surfaces to look more connected.

I decided to put this one on a turning.
(it was a candle stick last year!)


I make my noses from Paperclay.
Form to a carrot shape, let dry,
paint with orange,
scuff the surface with sandpaper then stain.


Sometimes I use a sharp, thin blade to make
lines & creases in the noses~
I wanted these to look a little more folk/simple.


Mismatched socks make excellent scarves!
Cut a thin strip from a straight area...



Cut the sock circle open (pictured above) & stretch out!


Easy and natural looking!
The nicer the sock... the sweet the scarf!


I add old boot buttons, beads...


Whatever seems to be laying around works!


Tipped little head...


Again... old furniture turnings make great bases!


Three sweet friends!
You could add hats... needle felt arms...
Hope you try one!


9 comments:

Lenae May said...

Wonderful, Michelle! I LOVE them! They make me smile..:)
Don't ya love Youtube. I went there to remind me how to French Knot.
Lenae

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hi Michelle, These are so cute and your tutorial pictures very helpful. You should submit this post to One Pretty Thing at

http://www.oneprettything.com/

Kindly, ldh

In the Light of the Moon said...

Michelle,you are the best.I'm learning to felt and with such wonderful tips i'm on my way!!!Just wonderful post,pictures and tips.Warmest Regards,Cat

BECKY said...

Sure do love these happy little fellas!! They look great on the turnings, too! I really want to try felting!! Guess it's on my roundtuit!!

Blessings,
Becky

marie said...

Love these snowmen! I've wanted to try needle felting and this looks like the project to try!

Thank you for sharing the how-tos!

Anonymous said...

Look at at those noses! LOL! And the mess! And what came out of that mess! ;-)
Adorable, Michelle!
Diane

BumbleVee said...

thanks for the look into how you created them.... now I want to do snowmen!! I must find somebody who has fancy socks...hahahha... mine are all black....that won't do at all ...

Casco Bay Soap Co. said...

but how do you attach the clay nose? love them! :)

Unknown said...

THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN..THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS FOR US...