Thursday, February 14

Wool hooked rug Valentine


Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope your day is filled with sweet, sweet kindnesses~


Flow blue always warms my heart!
This wool heart is on the front of a project bag...
A class I took from Diane Phillips.
Everyone in the class had the same template~
It is always exciting to see how different & beautiful everyone's project is!


The night before the class I decided to make a test piece.
Still new(er) to rug hooking~ I'm never exactly sure how things will come together.
I wanted my color palette to be flow blue because I had
plenty of pre-cut wool strips.
These washy flowers could be made smaller or larger depending
on the bag template. Making a test piece helped me to get
a feel for how much wool would be required, too.

Still have plenty of these wool strips so I hope to 
turn my little test piece into a small table runner.

Hope you're staying safe and warm through these winter storms~
Wishing your heart happiness, always!

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Gorgeous work. I used to have tons of blue and white but have passed most of it to my daughter now. Our neighbor used to make beautiful hooked rugs, too. You are doing really great! xo Diana