Wednesday, November 28

Rug hooking patterns~



I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
The four of us were together for a quiet dinner. It was nice to hold still as
both Alaina and Will work retail/entertainment. A busy time for them.
Dean and I are so grateful for their love and laughter.

So hard to believe December is just a blink away!
I have been trying to finish "Jasper & Snickers," my donkey rug,
so that I can start on a prim Santa project!
I translated this prim friend from one of my paintings... he is such a tease.
Those eyes!
I'm not good at starting new rugs while one is still unfinished. 
Not a bad thing but I would LOVE to work on a seasonal piece
at the same time and not feel guilty~ (giggle)
I think it is because I don't want to confuse wool palettes
in my small project area.



I have added some new rug hooking patterns to my Etsy Shop
They are hand drawn onto primitive linen.
I do my best to keep lines straight on the grain.

'Buffalo Check Santa' with his bluebird of happiness!
Inspired by one of my punch needle designs, the smaller size has a starry sky.

'Buffalo Check Santa' with his bluebird of happiness~
The larger size has the same twig border and tree...

'White Birch Snowman' with his Cardinals~ based on my punch needle design.

'White Birch Snowman' with his Cardinals~ based on my punch needle design.


'Jasper and Snickers' are coming along! 
There are not enough 'play' hours to the day~
I never want to rush just to get something finished.
Snickers face is almost done! That is the most challenging part for me,
capturing the likeness and character. Once I finish his eye area and those ears...
I will be able to zip the soil in and crochet the edges!

Always thinking of hearts that are recovering from hurricanes,
flooding, fires, health emergencies and family loss~
You're never far from our hearts and prayers.

Wishing your hearts joy~


3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Michelle, thank you for sharing your gift of art with us. I just received another one of your needle minders in the mail today from DSL. I love them and I love gifting them.

Dicky Bird said...

I can't wait to see it finished! Wonderful job so far!

acorn hollow said...

Amazing is all I can say
Cathy