Saturday, June 25

Antiquing DMC embroidery floss~


I have a few patterns designed that require muted colors~
I love to work with DMC floss & this spray lets me control
how much antiquing I want to add & the finished results are variegated.
Found 'Instant Antique' spray at a nearby quilt shop. 
There is a label warning: "Do not consume. Keep away from children."


I slid the labels off DMC cotton embroidery floss...
(so pretty!)


Just a few squirts down the line...


I flipped them over and pulled them into the little stain puddles...


I want to maintain some of the original color for brightness~


Pulled them apart just a touch & gave a 2nd squirt down the line...


DMC 746 is one of my favorite colors.
Easy to see the pretty variation you can get with just a few squirts!


Beautiful! Variegated!


Don't they look delicious?!

I'll share finished work here soon!
Hope your weekend is off to a great start~

4 comments:

gracie said...

Thank you for sharing...I think I may have to try this.

Robin in Virginia said...

Very cool! Thank you for sharing your technique along with the link. Enjoy your weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How neat! I haven't heard of it either but would work great for many projects! Hugs!

Doreen Frost said...

just beautiful!!! :)