Thursday, December 10

Vintage Candles in the Window...


The soft glow of our jar candles don't
seem to compare to the sturdy, hard, waxy
ones my family used growing up.
Dripping a little on the plate to get them
to stand upright...
I had half the candle melted down the side
before I could get it to attach.
BUT!
With our three little furry, curious and mischievous
cats... the jar candles are much safer!

When I was growing up we also
put the plastic, oval based, vintage
candles in every window...
One year they'd all be orange...
The next red...
One very sad year~ they were blue.


Little plastic holly & mistletoe arrangements
were carefully placed on every end table...
The top of the television...
The dinner table...
The back of the toilet!
With candles in the center~


I always kept my candle from the
church service...
It was great to rub on the bottom of
my runner sled and toboggan for speed!


Pretty to drive at night...
Many homes put up loads of lights~
The cute air-filled characters~

I love the simple candles in the window...
I love that they are in style & hold meaning
throughout the year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you just look at all this vintage 50s stuff! You know, after 50 years these things are considered ANTIQUES! That is so scary for someone over that limit! LOL!

Hugs, girlfriend!
Diane

Tracy said...

Love all the vintage images. : )