Monday, December 23

Punch Needle Snowman...


Hope each of you are enjoying this beautiful season!
Has been a very busy November/December~
Enjoying music programs... high school performances and concerts!
Senior year~ how quickly the year is passing by.

This little elf needed to start making her Christmas gifts in January!
(giggle... that never happens)
This is my first attempt at punch needle! I have such respect for artists
who use thread to paint their treasures. The hours and hours put into works!


I put the hoop on & started my snow friend with a quick pencil sketch.
Such fun to bring my little friends to life in watercolor, pen & ink,
needle felted wool, paper mache, clay... carved wood... etc.
I have wanted to try punch needle & rug hooking for years!
SO GLAD I finally built up the courage to try~
LOVE the look!
It is always fun to make treasures that can be 'touched!'

A few more sections to finish on the scarf...
Then I need to decide on background colors!
Such decisions :)

Time to make a batch of cookies & some Chex Mix!

Hope your Christmas Season is filled with JOY and LOVE~

4 comments:

Feathers said...

A new adventure--what fun! I bet lots of your little figures would work well in needle punch. It's a new skill for a new year coming up. Merry Christmas!

Acornmoon said...

You should be pleased as Punch with your new creation, if you will pardon the pun!

I am sending you and yours all the very best, Happy Christmas Michelle. x

Michelle Palmer said...

Thank you, Sweet Friends!
Merry Christmas, too you and yours~ With love!

deb-bee said...

Your drawings would make beautiful punch needle.i love your cute snowman with little cardinal. The colors you chose are vibrant. It would be nice if you sold this as a pattern. Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year.
Debby 🐝